Listening to music on a record player has become very traditional with many people. However, this type of device also creates a great impression for many listeners including the elderly and the younger generation. To meet the demand and create the good conditions for everyone who want to listen to music with a turntable, the manufacturers produces many kinds of the record players with a lot of models, sizes, colors, and prices. Even, the manufacturers also sell many turntables with the good price in the special occasions of the company. Of course, you can buy a record player for sale at this time. Especially, its quality is very good but its price is often reduced about 30 – 50% compared with the original price.
In addition, it is also important to use the record player properly. This will help extend your turntable life. Therefore, you do not forget to use it in the right way as well as restore all inside electronics. All of them will contribute for your record player to play in the good condition. I am sure that you also have the experience to use properly. So do you know how to restore it yet? I will help you through some necessary steps in this article.
Step 1: Cleaning The Inside Electronics Regularly
If you have a habit to clean all vinyl records after and before playing them it is very good. Also, you also clean the outer parts of your record player. This is encouraged by the manufacturers. However, they are not enough to help your turntable in the best condition. It means that you must regularly clean the inside electronics. To do it, you must really be careful to avoid damaging some sensitive parts in a turntable. Please refer these following tips:
- Firstly, you must buy the right kind of cleaning solution for the record player;
- Then, you pour a little cleaning solution onto the soft towel. And you must make sure that this towel is always clean;
- Next, you scrub gently the outer side and the bottom of your turntable;
- After that, you should rinse this towel with warm water and repeat this job until you feel all dirt and dust are cleared off;
- Finally, you start to clean the inside electronics for your record player like the steps above.
Step 2: Cleaning The Tonearm, Spindle, And Some Button for The Record Player
It is better to change another towel when you clean the other parts.
- You also pour a light amount of the cleaning solution onto the small towel;
- Beyond that, you will begin to clean the tonearm of the record player. You try to clean lightly to avoid damage the tiny equipment on the tonearm;
- Continuously, you also rinse this towel with warm water before you clean the spindle and the operation buttons;
- Besides, depending on the situation of your record player, you can clean until these parts become very clean. However, you should note that you just clean without pressing because any pressure can break or bend some sensitive parts.
Step 3: Checking The Power, Rust or Any Corrosion
You sometimes do not note to the power, rust or any corrosion. That is the reason during playing your record player stop suddenly. Therefore, you can look at the instruction book to know all connections of the power cord. On the other hands, you also check the small screwdrivers to tighten all screws again.
Step 4: Replacing The Power Supply in The Necessary Conditions
You should not wait for the power supply to damage or burn and then you will replace because its case can be more dangerous or affect other parts. It is better to check carefully and replace timely. After using in a long time, most of the soldering iron will heat up. That is a time when you should replace a new power supply. Look at the replacement the power supply with the tips as follows:
- You must remove the old power supply;
- Then, you place a bit of solder over the connections;
- Next, you touch tightly the iron to the solder until you see the power supply is surely attached;
- After that, you also check all inside of the player for loose and damaged wires. All of them should replace new if you think they are necessary;
- Finally, you add the tiny bit of solder for reconnecting.
In summary, many people are also very careful for restoring the record player. Thus, they also bring it to go to the turntable shop. It is a good idea if this shop is near your house. With the far distance, you maybe become so lazy to do it frequently. I think you can restore a record player at home. Before you do not know how to restore a turntable, now you have some basic steps after reading this writing. I hope that you will feel that it is also simple when you do step by step as what I just share.